Upgrading Fedora version

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by MaryS7, Aug 19, 2023.

1. MaryS7

MaryS7 Bit poster

I just installed Fedora as a guest OS from directly within Parallels. Immediately Fedora is nagging me to upgrade, saying that version 36 is no longer supported and I should upgrade bo 38. Can I click "yes" and do the upgrade from within Fedora as a guest OS? Or will that create problems?

2. Ashley Chumun

Ashley Chumun Staff Member

Dear Mary,
    Thank you for your feedback.
    Sure, you may proceed to upgrade Fedora to version 38 and in order to do that safely, please follow the steps below:
    1. Launch your Fedora Virtual machine.
    2. Click on "Actions" menu on top of the mac menu bar > Select "Take Snapshot" > Press ok
    3. Proceed with the upgrade to version 38.
    4. After the upgrade > Reinstallation of Parallels Tools shall begin (If not, click on "Actions" menu on top of the mac menu bar > select "Reinstall Parallels Tools")
    5. If everything completed successfully > you may delete the snapshot that we created (Click on "Actions" menu on top of the mac menu bar > Select "Manage Snapshots" > Select the snapshot that we created > press on "Delete button".
    6. In case of any issues > while the Virtual machine is running > please collect an additional technical report (click Parallels icon on top of the mac menu bar > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in a reply to this message.
    Thank you!

3. MaryS7

MaryS7 Bit poster

Thank you, that appears to have worked just fine!