Upgrading from 7 to 9 under OS X (Maverick)

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AhmetOz, Oct 23, 2013.

1. AhmetOz

AhmetOz Bit poster

Hi all,

I upgraded yesterday to Maverick and forgot to upgrade prior from Parallels 7 to Parallels9.

If there a way to upgrade Parallels 7 to Parallels 9 under OS X ?

Regards
    Ahmet

2. martinstrobel

martinstrobel Bit poster

Hi, got the same problem
    regards Martin

3. strells

strells Product Expert

Just download the new version from Parallels' web site. There's nothing special you need to do other than fully shut down any VMs you have running.

Steve

4. MoshéN

MoshéN Bit poster

Hi,

I have the same problem, does it mean that we can pay the upgrade price, or the customer price ?

5. AhmetOz

AhmetOz Bit poster

Sorry, don't understand this. Even if I upgrade to the new version, how do I use the old VM and uninstall the previous version ?

6. strells

strells Product Expert

The VM is a container, a .pvm file. When you install the new version, it will delete the old version of PD and just use the same .pvm file(s) for your VM(s).

Steve

7. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Hi All -

To answer the questions on "I already upgraded to Mavericks and now need to upgrade my Parallels Desktop 7 (or 8) to 9"

You can purchase an upgrade key via the Parallels Online Store -
    Once you have your new product key, please visit http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/download
    On the page there is a link for "already have an activation key"> click this link
    This will launch the .dmg files and walk you through the activation process with your new key.
    Please note, you may need your PD7 activation key. This can be found in the My Account section of www.parallels.com

Hope this helps.

Chris