upgrading from v. 2 to v. 3

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by tlxreed, Apr 1, 2008.

1. tlxreed

tlxreed Bit poster

I've recently upgraded to Leopard, OS X 10.5. My version 2 of Parallels refused to run, so I installed a trial version of 3.0 which is now expiring.

So, I've got a fresh install of demo Parallels 3.0 running and I'm unsure what the upgrade download from Parallels will do. Do I have to have v. 2 running, then update that to 3, then add the activation key for the upgrade for the program to see the update as valid? Will the update installer ask for a v.2 serial number?

What's the best way to go about this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Todd

2. Ksenia

Ksenia Parallels Team

If you do not have the Upgrade key, you should buy it.
    The upgrade to the Parallels Desktop for Mac version 3.0 is a paid service for all our customers. However, since you own the version 2.5, you are eligible for a special price of $49.99. To purchase a new key, you need to go to http://www.parallels.com/en/products/desktop/ and click "Upgrade to the current version".
    Then you will install version 3.0 and insert the upgrade key, after that the program may ask you to enter the key for the previous version, if you did not activate it before.
    You will enter this key and the process of the activation will be completed.