upgrading from version 3 to version 4.

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by drjamesh, Jan 9, 2009.

1. drjamesh

drjamesh Junior Member

Sir or Madam:

This is my best recollection:

I mistakenly upgraded my version 3 with the latest beta version of four. I decided to go ahead and purchase the new key. I purchased the key, I downloaded the software, I started the process of upgrade and it said that my version of Windows XP needed to be activated. I activated my Windows XP. It then started the process of upgrading.
    This page was present: http://forum.parallels.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2316&stc=1&d=1231549632
    It said please wait while the virtual machine is being upgraded... preparing to upgrade your virtual machine step one of four. At that point (during step one) it gave me this page which flashed and reverted to the previous screen as noted above: http://forum.parallels.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2317&stc=1&d=1231549632.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Dr. H.

Attached Files:

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

The problem is that previous Windows Shutdown was not correct,
    Please make sure you are using build 3810

3. drjamesh

drjamesh Junior Member

Thank you.

The shutdown occurred during the process of 4.0 installation. Was not forced. I am using 3810. Is there way that I can get passed the window? The typical error window that shows up when Windows starts that shows an error and decides which mode that startup should be in, (i.e. safe mode etc.) flashes for about one third of a second and ends with the Microsoft Windows XP window that I included with my last post. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Dr. H

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac Pro
    Model Identifier: MacPro1,1
    Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
    Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 2
    Total Number Of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz