Upgrading Vista VM to Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DonovanD, Oct 22, 2009.

1. DonovanD

DonovanD Member

Hi,

Can someone please advise on the process for upgrading an existing Vista VM to Windows 7? I am using the latest build of PD4 for Mac. I have searched the Parallels forums and web for hours and have not found a single reference to this process. Am I missing something? Thanks,

Donovan.

2. Lawrence Keyes

Lawrence Keyes Bit poster

Start Vista
    Put your windows 7 upgrade CD in the drive.
    If it doesn't auto-run, then open the CD in Windows explorer and run setup.

3. IsraelL

IsraelL Bit poster

Vista to Seven

Upon trying to upgrade Vista to Windows 7, Windows informed me that this can't be done "Dave". So I had to go back to XP and do a clean install. Then I had to install all the old applications again. I was able some how to get Windows to transfer my old data. Don't know who to blame - Parallels or MS. ( This act to 2 days!!!). And Windows 7 is still a piece of s----. Try to find the control panels... yes I know all have to is type "control panels" in the find box. Any Classic view?

4. mwratten

mwratten Bit poster

Upgrade to Windows 7 failed.

I have just upgraded from Vista to Win 7 on a Bootcamp partition on a MacBook Pro. Win 7 works fine booting from Bootcamp, will will no longer boot from Parallels. I tried deleting and recreating the VM, but it still won't boot. I'm getting a STOP: 0x0000007B messages, which appears to be something to do with the disk controller, but I have not made any changes. Any clue how to proceed from here?