USB and Bluetooth devices menu missing

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MaguedB, Apr 19, 2022.

1. MaguedB

MaguedB Bit Poster

I originally posted this on the M1 forum but didn't get much love, so I'm posting here...
    The external (USB and Bluetooth) device menu disappeared after I made some adjustments to the "Allowed external devices" in the "Configure" menu.
    I tried re-installing parallels tools and restarting parallels and even restarting my Mac but that didn't fix it.
    Does anyone know how can I restore this menu back?
    This is an M1 machine with Parallels Windows 11.

Thanks,
    Mags

Attached Files:

2. GampaA@Parallels

GampaA@Parallels Staff Member

Hello MaguedB, please refer to the knowledge base article to troubleshoot the USB issue on Parallels Desktop. Thanks.

3. MaguedB

MaguedB Bit Poster

Hi GampaA and thanks for replying.
    The issue I'm having is the "USB & Bluetooth" menu itself is missing (please see the attachment parallels2.png) I can assign USB devices to Windows/Mac using the "Configure" menu but I cannot do that as described in step 4 of the article you linked simply because the "External Devices" menu doesn't exist.
    Regards

4. GampaA@Parallels

GampaA@Parallels Staff Member

Hello, please provide the screenshot of the error message you are getting while connecting the USB.

5. MaguedB

MaguedB Bit Poster

I'm not getting any error message. I can connect usb devices to both Mac/Windows via the "Usb connection Preferences" menu.
    I cannot connect/disconnect usb devices to the VM using the "USB & bluetooth" menu because the menu is missing. Picture attached.

Parallel Error.jpg

6. DebasmitaM@Parallels

DebasmitaM@Parallels Staff Member

Hello, are you using Parallels Desktop Standard Edition or Parallels Desktop App Store Edition?

7. MaguedB

MaguedB Bit Poster

Parallels Desktop Business edition. Please note that the "USB & Bluetooth" menu was available before and only disappeared when I assigned some of the usb devices to Mac/Windows using the configure menu.
    Parallels_version.png

8. MaguedB

MaguedB Bit Poster

Any suggestions?