Hi guys, have a problem with USB auto detect on OS X 10.6.2 host, Windows 7 guest, using Parallels 5.0.9310, wondered if any of you knew a solution or have encountered the same issue.
I have 3 USB devices connected to my 27" i7 iMac, all can be detected and work fine, also have them setup as permanent assignments to Windows 7.
However, when I boot Windows or resume from suspend, only two of the devices will ever be correctly auto connected to Windows (and visible in device manager). As a work around, I can go to the USB devices list on the Parallels windows status bar, uncheck the problem device (it is still checked and shown as connected) , then re-check. Device manager will then pick the device back up.
Also, the problem is not associated to a specific USB device, if I move the order they are connected, I will always see the problem with at least one of the devices.
Bit of a pain as I have to do this pretty much every time I need to do some work in Windows, any ideas?
Cheers
I have 3 USB devices connected to my 27" i7 iMac, all can be detected and work fine, also have them setup as permanent assignments to Windows 7.
However, when I boot Windows or resume from suspend, only two of the devices will ever be correctly auto connected to Windows (and visible in device manager). As a work around, I can go to the USB devices list on the Parallels windows status bar, uncheck the problem device (it is still checked and shown as connected) , then re-check. Device manager will then pick the device back up.
Also, the problem is not associated to a specific USB device, if I move the order they are connected, I will always see the problem with at least one of the devices.
Bit of a pain as I have to do this pretty much every time I need to do some work in Windows, any ideas?
Cheers
Last edited: