"USB Device Cannot be Connected"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by SimonB17, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Thank you for your reply.
    Could you check the same issue with the latest Parallels Desktop update 16.1.3 please?

2. AndrewL29

AndrewL29 Bit poster

Hi @Maria@Parallels,
    Thank you for supporting this issue. The pop-ups are incessant. Even when my VM isn't in the active window, I get the bouncing icons in the doc when the error pops up. I've uploaded screenshots of my printers from both sides for your reference. Thank you. Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 6.25.10 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 6.24.38 PM.png

3. AndrewL29

AndrewL29 Bit poster

4. SimonB21

SimonB21 Bit poster

Hi AndrewL29 - I think I have solved this.

In the dock, right click the icon and go to Control Center -> click the cog on the small pop up that emerges -> hardware menu -> shared printers -> uncheck the box for sharing printers.

boom

5. AndrewL29

AndrewL29 Bit poster

Thank you, SimonB21. I followed your steps and then immediately got the error afterward. HOWEVER, I haven't seen the error since. I'll monitor and see how it goes. Strangely, even with printer sharing switched off, I can access my Mac printers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. SimonB21

SimonB21 Bit poster

Good luck! I only use parallels for playing a game through Steam (you can imagine how off-putting this pop up is for that!!) and when playing yesterday it didn't do this once so I am hopeful it has solved the issue.

7. AndrewL29

AndrewL29 Bit poster

It's been a few days and I havent seen those popups at all. Thanks Simon!

8. MarshallB1

MarshallB1 Bit poster

I have had the same issue for years. Every few seconds, I get this message:
    There are no virtual USB host controller ports available in "Windows 10" for the "Virtual Printer ([printer name])" device to be connected.
    Can someone please help with this