"USB Device Cannot be Connected"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by SimonB17, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Problem solver

Thank you for your reply.
    Could you check the same issue with the latest Parallels Desktop update 16.1.3 please?

2. AndrewL29

AndrewL29 Bit poster

Hi @Maria@Parallels,
    Thank you for supporting this issue. The pop-ups are incessant. Even when my VM isn't in the active window, I get the bouncing icons in the doc when the error pops up. I've uploaded screenshots of my printers from both sides for your reference. Thank you. Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 6.25.10 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 6.24.38 PM.png

3. AndrewL29

AndrewL29 Bit poster

4. SimonB21

SimonB21 Bit poster

Hi AndrewL29 - I think I have solved this.

In the dock, right click the icon and go to Control Center -> click the cog on the small pop up that emerges -> hardware menu -> shared printers -> uncheck the box for sharing printers.

boom

5. AndrewL29

AndrewL29 Bit poster

Thank you, SimonB21. I followed your steps and then immediately got the error afterward. HOWEVER, I haven't seen the error since. I'll monitor and see how it goes. Strangely, even with printer sharing switched off, I can access my Mac printers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. SimonB21

SimonB21 Bit poster

Good luck! I only use parallels for playing a game through Steam (you can imagine how off-putting this pop up is for that!!) and when playing yesterday it didn't do this once so I am hopeful it has solved the issue.

7. AndrewL29

AndrewL29 Bit poster

It's been a few days and I havent seen those popups at all. Thanks Simon!

8. MarshallB1

MarshallB1 Bit poster

I have had the same issue for years. Every few seconds, I get this message:
    There are no virtual USB host controller ports available in "Windows 10" for the "Virtual Printer ([printer name])" device to be connected.
    Can someone please help with this