USB Device is VERY intermittent while running Windows 10 (1909) Virtual Machine on macOS 10.15.1

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by WinfieldR, Nov 23, 2019.

1. WinfieldR

WinfieldR Bit poster

So I've narrowed it down to Catalina (10.15.1) not playing nice with parallels and my attached COBB Accessport USB device when I'm using Windows 10 in a VM window.

I can boot into boot camp (windows 10) just fine, connect to this device, use it, and disconnect as intended. Works just fine!

Parallels does not know how to handle the device when Windows is in a VM window, it's intermittent. It'll see the device *1 time*, connect to it and allow me to manage it. The second I eject it and try to connect to it again it won't connect until I reboot the windows VM. Then rinse and repeat.

Any ideas?

2. WinfieldR

WinfieldR Bit poster

I will also mention that the device is seen under "devices". It doesn't disappear from there. It is checked under that drop down and should be working, it just doesn't connect. Windows device manager sees it, just doesn't do anything with it.

3. G__3

G__3 Bit poster

I have the same issue. Windows 10 (1909) shows the driver is working properly and shows up under Remove Media to eject it, but when I try to access the USB device (smart card reader) it does not recognize.

4. WinfieldR

WinfieldR Bit poster

I spoke to parallels a few times over the phone! They were great about connecting to my Mac. They were able to replicate the issue and so was their tier 2 tech.

Long story short they told me of the developers have time to look into it they will but my case is very rare.

Unfortunately I NEED my device to work because I use it daily so I had to move to VMware which works 100% as intended