USB Devices (eg USB Jabra Headsets) not working under W10 on M1 ARM

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by moods, Jul 11, 2021.

1. moods

moods Bit poster

Hello
    I have installed Windows 10 and Windows 11 (ARM) on iMac 24" M1 with Parallels Desktop v16.5... So far so good... But all our USB Headsets will not working... The devices show up in the device manager, but it is not usable for eg. VoIP applications... Also the sound tests will not work... Sometimes the first tones will come, then it only silence... As well as Windows 10 and Windows 11 the same behaviour...
    Anybody else? I think this is a Parallels issue... Same procedure on a Intel iMac works like a charm...
    Thanks, Roger

KenW7 likes this.
  2. JanB10

JanB10 Bit poster

Hello,

i have the same issue running windows10arm or windows11 arm on a macbook pro 13" with parallels 17.

Using different Plantronics (Poly) USB Headsets. Sometimes the Mic works but not the speaker.

Using the macbooks internal devices is fine, so it looks like a parallels USB problem to me.

3. gVirtual

gVirtual Junior Member

I have similarly not been successful getting certain USB audio devices to connect directly to Windows in the VM. Instead, I select them in the Parallels Devices > Sound Output and Devices > Microphone menus and that works with respect to routing sound correctly but doesn't allow use of any additional device features from within the VM.

KenW7 likes this.
  4. KenW7

KenW7 Bit poster

I too have the same issue. MBP 13" M1, Windows 11 ARM. VM sees the device. Can select the device in any app (e.g., Teams), but it does not provide output sound or input (microphone). Hope this gets fixed soon.