USB Dongle HASP HL

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Patrick Verhey, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Patrick Verhey

Patrick Verhey Bit poster

Hello,

Need urgent help!

I need to install a programm on XP using a HASP HL USB Dongle but I can not activate the Dongel in Parallels. The driver is installed on Windows, but he does not find the Dongle. If I activate the Dongle in Parallels I get the following message:

USB device you are trying to connect to the virtual machine is being used by another application. Close that application or unplug the device and plug it again. Then try to connect the device again.

I already updated Parallels finally to Version 3.0, but it did not change the problem. I can activate all other USB devices but not the dongle.

Can anybody help me? I have no more Idea, so please help me!

Thanks

Patrick

System Config:
    Mac Book black / 2 GB Ram / Mac OS X 10.4.10 / Parallesl 3.0 Build 4560.0 / Windows XP Service Pack 2 / USB Dongle HASP HL

2. prints

prints Bit poster

Hasp problem

I have had this problem for a long time, installed build 5160 and briefly was able to access the hasp key. Now back to same problem. Is there a way to delete hasp recognition in Mac or is it the USB port? I need to use Husqvarna Embroidery program and bought a PC for it but the PC has its own problems. I un-installed tools and reinstalled and momentarily got recognition but it changed its mind. I don't even have aladdin hasp or usb in Device manager since the mantra Close that application or unplug device and plug it again is a given. Please help, I plug in after windows fully loads it asks me if I wish to use the hasp 2.17 and it is listed in devices. Close but no cigar!

Prints

3. Patrick Verhey

Patrick Verhey Bit poster

Hi,

I only find one solution. Deinstall Parallels and go for Boot Camp. Even the Support could not help me, so I kicked out Parallels. With Boot Camp everything is working fine.
    I is not so comfortable since you need to reeboot to change you OS but is working.

Kind regards

Patrick

4. tnish_usgs

tnish_usgs Bit poster

dongle works 4 me

Hi,

I use a usb hasp dongle on my macpro running xp under parallels 3 (5160). The dongle has worked since at least ver 2.5; however, I do have to turn it "on" using the devices menu prior to launching the dongle-protected software. Did you install the hasp driver? You can download it from http://www.aladdin.com/support/hasp/enduser.aspx