"USB HID" error msg

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by emosensei, Dec 11, 2007.

1. emosensei

emosensei Bit poster

This message pops up several times every day, seemingly at random:

"You are trying to connect USB HID device to the virtual machine. The device connected to the virtual machine will be inaccessible in Mac OS X until it is disconnected from the virtual machine or until the virtual machine is stopped or suspended. If you connect your primary keyboard or mouse to the virtual machine, it will be impossible to use them in Mac OS X.
    Do you want to connect this USB HID device to the virtual machine?"

I click NO and everything seems to work OK, but is there any way to prevent this error msg from appearing in the first place?

I have an Apple USB keyboard/mouse connected to one USB port on my MacBookPro, and a small laserprinter connected to the other USB port. Can provide more configuration details if necessary.

Many thanks--

2. sunkil

sunkil Bit poster

I had this issue with my blackberry hooked to parallels, except it happened several times a minute. Support suggested I edit the USB preferences for the virtual machine to "automatically connect to Mac" instead of "ask every time." that fixed the problem, and now when i connect the blackberry i can still quickly manually tie it to parallels using the usb menu.