USB in beta5

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by STim, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Dean Hester

Dean Hester Bit poster

ActiveSynch support would be a nice addition

I would like to add to the mountain of compliments about the software. I have just bought a MacBook Pro and many of the old Classic math educational programs will not run on it. The software I really need for my classroom also comes in Windows versions, so now I just run it in a Parallels window.

It would be nice to be able to sync my Pocket PC to Windows XP using ActiveSynch. I have the Missing Synch software to synchronize my contacts, calendar ect through OS X but it doesn't have a good solution for installing Pocket PC applications from downloaded setup.exe files. Has anyone on this forum been able to get ActiveSynch to connect to a Pocket PC when running Windows XP in Parallels?

Otherwise the software is great!
    Dean Hester

2. bluheim

bluheim Bit poster

Hi !

Parallels is an incredible piece of software and USB support is a great achievment. I just wanted to let the support team know that it is impossible to have a Line6 PodXT Live work correctly in Parallels (it is a USB device). I suppose this is due to the lack of USB2.0 support but it may come from something else. :)

3. chaodoze

chaodoze Bit poster

CardScan 700c2

I got parallels build 1832 working on CardScan 700c2 - for about 5 minutes.

But then after I restarted Windows, I no longer can get it working. I tried reinstalling cardscan and setting to manual usb connect. But nothing seems to work. Any clues or is this a known bug?

Thanks,
    chao

4. ALpianoman

ALpianoman Bit poster

Was there any special way you got your remote to work? I keep getting the device is in use by another process error. For the life of me I can't get it to work. :(