USB problems

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by profetes, Apr 27, 2006.

1. profetes

profetes Junior Member

Hi,
    Thanks parallels for the quick release of betas, it is a great software, I've already bought my copy :) Now I have some problems with the USB feature. I cannot connect my USB Hercules Sound Card or my webcam, any explanations for this would be very welcome. If I connect the webcam it says that another application is using the USB device and if I connect the sound device it doesn't install it properly.
    Thanks,
    Profetes

2. profetes

profetes Junior Member

3. mrudd1

mrudd1 Bit poster

New hardware found in PWS Beta5

Just installed PWS Beta5. When XP logs in the New Hardware Found Window displays. I am assuming that this is due to the fact that windows ins ow seeing USB hardware. Windows sees it as a PCI Bridge and launches the Install Wizard to install software for the new hardware. I am not sure what to do. Do I need to give it the XP disk or what? Any help would be appreciated.
    mrudd

4. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Just ignore it. This device is related to Shared Folders feature, but we didn't include driver for Win2000 in Beta5. It will be fixed in next update.

5. mrudd1

mrudd1 Bit poster

Thanks for the quick response

I am wanting to install sync software for my cell phone. I will have to plug a usb cable in to the mac and phone. Will this work?

PS
    The shared folder will not show up on windows. I went through the process outlined on you site. What should I do?

6. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

1. Did you addded Shared Folders in VM configuration and reinstalled Parallels Tools?
    2. Which guest OS do you use? (Win2000 is not supported yet by shared folders)

7. mrudd1

mrudd1 Bit poster

Parallel Tools

1. I added the Shared Folders in the Configuration Editor. How do you reinstall "Parallels Tools"?
    2. I am using Windows XP Home.

8. mrudd1

mrudd1 Bit poster

Shared Folders working

After installing the Tools for PWS Beta 5, the shared folders are now available in XP.
    However, XP still will not recognize the a connection with my cell phone via a usb cable. I have successfully connected my cell via XP on an older Windows lap top running XP. Any suggestions would be welcome.
    Thank you,

mrudd1

9. Martin

Martin Member

As indicated by Parallels, there is still only limited USB support.

Hope it makes sense to tell that the USB dongle "SafeNet USB SuperPro" does not work with beta 5 yet.