USB support SUSE 9.3

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by kvgeorge1, Jul 2, 2006.

1. kvgeorge1

kvgeorge1 Bit poster

I am using SUSE 9.3 Pro and when I plug-in a USB jumpdrive into the USB port, paralles workstation mentions that it cannot connect to the USB device, but SUSE sees it just fine. I did not have this problem with Ubuntu 5.10, but I do with SUSE.

What would be preventing the VM from connecting to this device? I have unmounted the USB, but this doesn't work either.

2. constant

constant Forum Maven

Try making yourself a member of the USB group. You may have to create a USB group first.

3. kvgeorge1

kvgeorge1 Bit poster

I did as you suggested, but I still have the same error. I read the portion of the manual that states that I should make a group called usb-operating and add it to the usbfs section in the fstab, but I still have the same issue.

Here is my fstab config:

Code:
    /dev/sdb2            /                    ext3       acl,user_xattr        1 1
    /dev/sdb1            swap                 swap       pri=42                0 0
    devpts               /dev/pts             devpts     mode=0620,gid=5       0 0
    proc                 /proc                proc       defaults              0 0
    usbfs                /proc/bus/usb        usbfs      devgid=1000,devmod=0664    0 0
    sysfs                /sys                 sysfs      noauto                0 0
    /dev/cdrecorder      /media/cdrecorder    subfs      noauto,fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec,iocharset=utf8 0 0

4. constant

constant Forum Maven

USB is problematic. The best bet is to share it on the network via the magic that is Samba.