USB with U3-Support

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by jeckert, Jun 14, 2006.

1. jeckert

jeckert Bit poster

Hi

Sorry if someone mentioned my problem in other threads. I tried to read all but didnt find something.

I have a USB-Stick with U3 functionality (see www.u3.com). I use W2k with all patches. The system see the stick, but tell me, that the system is not able to start the driver :-(

The U3-Stick is a combination: One partition is something like a cdrom, the other (hidden with a aes-password) is a normal partition. normally the stick is plug in, then the u3-application starts from the cdrom-partition and i can give the password to have access to the second partition.

Here i am not able because it seems that parallels have problems if the stick behaves like a cd-rom.
    other "normal" sticks havent such a problem. it seems only sticks with a cd-rom-partition.

Sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand what i want to say.

regards
    Joerg

i use a Verbatim 1GB U3-Stick

2. Chak

Chak Junior Member

U3 is working fine with XP installation.
    I will test later windows 2000

3. Terrot

Terrot Bit poster

I use a Sandisk USB flashdrive with U3.

Parallels (with XP Pro) restarts when the U3 lauchpad runs.
    Sometime it is ok but fails most of the time.

4. Dr.B

Dr.B Bit poster

Quick solution

I am unable to load the U3 usb drive at all. As soon as the U3 software begins loading my Macbook either freezes or I get the blue screen of death. I had insufficient time to disable the CD drive before crashing but an easer solution is to hold down the "shift" key when you insert the drive. Now everything works fine---except the U3 part but I can live without that. Hope this helps.

5. one1step1

one1step1 Bit poster

I have the 1GB Sandisk Cruzer Micro w/ U3, and when I insert it into my iMac, a Finder box comes up..and nothing happens on the Parallels w/ Win XP side.

Any ideas on how to get this working on the XP side?

6. twoods

twoods Member

SanDisk Cruzer 2GB Micro U3 ;-(

Win XP image, 100% up-to-date, when trying to use the SanDisk it blue screens windows.. sometimes it will work for a short while but eventually crashes the parallels window.....

OS X is 10.4.7 on a MacBook Pro 17" w/ 2GB mem.

:-(... help. Any future for 2.0 usb support????

Last edited: Sep 12, 2006