Using Boot camp for Parallels 15 not working

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Johnk35, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Johnk35

Johnk35 Bit poster

I'm not sure what the issue is, but I cannot use my working boot camp partition on my mac for Parallels 15.
    I've tried several versions of windows 10, several erase, re-creates, and re-installs of the boot camp partition, tried configuring the image as both for work and for games in parallels, nothing seems to work. I've even spent a couple hours with Parallels support, had them remote into my machine, offer me self help kb articles, and I'm still stuck. If I boot into boot camp it works great. If I boot into mac and use VM ware fusion as my VM loader, works great, if I boot into mac and use parallels with boot camp, errors out every time.

I'm running this on a 27" iMac 2017 5K with 10.15.1 installed, 4.2 GHz quad i7 processor, 16GB RAM, Parallels version 15.1.1. Any suggestions?

each time I start Boot Camp with Parallels, I get the error in the attached file

Attached Files:

2. Johnk35

Johnk35 Bit poster

Ok, think i found my fix. changing my Hard Disk location in the configuration to SATA 0:1 solved it... so far.. not sure how I would know the proper thing to chose, theres many choices to make... hmm...