Using Guest OS's VPN connection in OS X

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AndyE, Jun 24, 2009.

1. MuthuN

MuthuN Bit poster

Elric - Thank you so much!

I corrected the routing table entry by restarting and adding them again according to your instruction but still I can't ping any VPN-ed servers or the gateway 192.168.0.1.

I really appreciate your invitation for a webex session. I enabled email option for private messaging in my account so that you can send webex details. (Btw. I am in PST time zone, and usually available before 10:00 AM or after 7:00 PM- I have to be home to try the VPN, but I can make myself available if this window is not convenient for you)

Here is my updated routing table entries

[​IMG]

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

We've made the session and I want to share the results:

It is turned out that it seems to be impossible to share Nortel VPN connection from Win back to Mac, because Nortel does strict security (and it is very smart from its side - it is really required security protection): it assigns all routes to go through VPN-connection. Even normal connections are routed to VPN.

And Nortel monitors changes of routes and immediately disconnects the VPN connection on any route-change (again, it is very good and even required for what I call a good VPN client)

So, we are out of luck: for Nortel it seems to be impossible to share this connection back to Mac OS

3. MuthuN

MuthuN Bit poster

Thanks for trying...

Elrick - I really appreciate your time and effort to resolve this issue, although we were out of luck this time if there is any new discovery in this area please let me know.

Thanks
    Muthu

4. Fabiod

Fabiod Junior Member

Hi,

I'm trying to do the magic using AT&T Global Network Client.

I followed all the steps and managed to ping all adapters successfully on both sides. The problem is that when I connect to the VPN I can no longer ping the guest. AT&T seems to activate a firewall and the product help says that when the firewall is on:
    "Your computer can access the network, but other computers on the network can only access you computer if a request is initiated from your computer."

Any clues if there's a possibility to make this work?

Thanks!!

5. Evils

Evils Bit poster

Has anyone successfully connected?

I tried to follow all these steps but since I'm using Parallels Desktop 6 I miss many settings, is there an updated version of those steps or something like this?

Can someone maybe help me? I'm trying to get this work with Parallels Desktop 6...

Thanks in advance

6. WisamA

WisamA Bit poster

Cisco anyconnect under windows

Hi Gents,

Kindly I have Simillar case and I need your help:
    - I'm using Cisco anyconnect to access my company exchange server, but my company doesn't support the MAC as I install the MAC anyconnect and it didn't work, so I install the Parallels and install windows in order to install anyconnect for cisco which it's working perfectly now

so my question is how I can direct the the email traffic from my MAC ( Outlook ) to use the anyconnect which is already installed in the windows under the parallels

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards

7. BradBamford

BradBamford Bit poster

bump... Is there updated instructions on how to share a Windows 8 VPN connection with OSX?
    (For the record, OSX doesn't support PEAP-MS-CHAP VPN Authentication, which is why I need to share it from the Windows 8 VM.)

8. RichieS1

RichieS1 Bit poster

I'm getting to this discussion rather late but that said I have yet to find any better solution. I've followed your steps as closely as possible Elrik however I've effectively cutoff my internet access for my guest os. Could we schedule a webex?

9. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Sorry, there are too many caveats in forwarding VPN connection from guest to Mac. If the steps here doesn't help, there is nothing I can do.

10. DehengXu

DehengXu Bit poster

Now day, I met this problem again.
    My VM OS is windows, after I start a VPN in VM , cannot ping reach VM anymore. But it works again when I close VPN connection.

11. DehengXu

DehengXu Bit poster

Ping response:

PING 192.168.1.139 (192.168.1.139): 56 data bytes

ping: sendto: No route to host

Request timeout for icmp_seq 0