Using older version of Parallels on an older Mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by PaulFryer, May 23, 2016.

1. PaulFryer

PaulFryer Member

I have two permanent license keys for Parallels (one for P 11 and one for P10), which are both installed on my main computer. Obviously the older one is idle. I now want to install Parallels on an older MacBook, which is running OS 10.5, and cannot be upgraded beyond that, and would like to transfer my older licence to that computer. I have a spare copy of Windows XP I can use, which would be fine for the application I have in kind.

So I would like to know:
    - Which version of Parallels would be compatible with OS 10.5?
    - Would my P10 license key work with that version?
    - Where would I go to get that version of Parallels?

I can't seem to find a way to contact Parallels directly without raising a trouble ticket, so would appreciate any advice from the forum.
    Thanks.
    Paul.

2. PaulFryer

PaulFryer Member

P.S. I also have a full license for PD 6 and 8, as well as an upgrade license for PD 7. For some reason, these don't show up on my Parallels Subscription List although they were registered with them at the time. So if any of these prove to be the one I need, I'm OK.

Would I need to re-register the appropriate version since it would be on a different computer, and would Parallels object?

Paul.

3. Hey, you can find the Parallels Desktop versions and Mac OS compatibility in this KB article
    In this case you can install Parallels Desktop 6 or 7 on you Mac OS 10.5
    Except for that we unregistered your previous keys and now you will be able to use it once again.
    According to the security police we cannot provide you with the license key in the public thread, that's why please check your inbox.