Using Parallels with Canon DR 2050c scanner

swmnwmn

Bit poster
1. Mac OS Version
10.4.10

2. Parallels Build #
5160

3. What kind of computer
I-Mac Intel

4. Total Physical RAM
2G

5. Hard Drives
1

6. If you are using a BootCamp configuration or not
no

7. Did you upgrade from a BETA
no

8. With what Build did the problem start
The one just prior to this that came with the CD

9. If Parallels Tools are installed
yes

10. Anything you have tried to get things working
Re-installing drivers, updating drivers, checked this forum,

11. Anything specific about your set-up you think we should know
Pretty much easy set up, working on 2 monitors, using a USB 2.0 hub

12. If you are crashing, upload some crash logs
not crashing, scanning program just resetting itself.

13. If you are getting an error message type it in and then attach a screenshot.
That the scanner is locked and in use by another app

14. If you are having issues with a specific component (i.e. mouse, keyboard, monitor) tell us what it is.

I've got the scanner selected in Devices/USB, and the little green light is blinking on the USB icon in the status bar on the Parallels window.

I've got the Win XP Pro recognizing the scanner, and I'm using CapturePerfect to scan. It will scan the first couple pages, stop and then either the images will show up as having been scanned, or no images at all, but the documents went through the scanner. Then the little green light stops blinking on the USB icon.

I honestly can't find anything that addresses this issue in any forum. The manual doesn't tell me much about the device settings, and this is a $500 scanner that I cannot use.
 
Firstly, I have to applaud you for your very comprehensive following of the forum reccomendations. Thank you.

I'm not a pro at scanner interfacing, but it sounds like you have tried the normal driver re-installing routine.

Only question relating to set-up is the type of scanner you have and if you have your USB devices set to auto-connect, ask when connnecting, or do not connect...

As to the scanner, have you used the driver successfully on a PC before?

Also, it may be useful to try to uninstall/re-install Parallels, but let's get to the other qs first.
 
Thanks for getting back so soon. I have the USB set to autoconnect. The scanner has worked on a PC before. I guess I will have to uninstall/reinstall Parallels?
 
Well, I tried that 2 times, and nothing still. one page would go through, and the program would either crash, or just sit there and think about it for a while. I read a post where someone said "learn the device menu" or something like that. But what else is there, other than checking and unchecking the device, can you do? I've reloaded the drivers. I think they're the latest ones from the mfg, so ??????
 
swmnwmn,

Did you finally get to use the Canon DR-2050C on Parallels?.

I have same computer and scanner. Parallels version 5582.5. Windows 2000 (Windws XP same problem). Norton's WinDoctor often points to a Windows Registry error on Canon DR-2050C. Repaired, uninstalled, reinstalled ... many times, but do not get along: same errors again and again. Did you make yours work?
 
I got the latest Parellels build loaded now, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet -- too busy to waste the time doing it. I would have to do it when I've got some downtime ... maybe after I retire.
 
Right. If it finally does work for you, please post it (Found other people in this forum having the same problem, and no positive answer yet: same thing!)
 
Hellow. Few news. The scanner using CapturePerfect sometimes works (very slow), but most of the times the windows system hangs. Usin Norton System Doctor, the USB bug changed from the scanner and now points to a usb memory pendrive (?). Better located, since I dont use it anymore. Could this be related to needed improvements in Parallels USB compatibility, or the problem comes from a limited compatibility of this Canons DR-2050C scanner?
 
Canon DR-5010C

has any progress been made with Canon USB scanners using Capture Perfect?

I check back frequently as this was my major reason for purchasing Parallels - Has version 3.0 made any progress.

Is there any reference or responses someone can guide me to from the Parallels team about this issue -- is it tough luck -- too hard to solve - wait for verion 4.0?

thanks
Michael
 
Hello. Think I saw your other post. Nothing new. I have been trying all this time, and got nothing but lots of wasted time. On Windows 2000 and XP. It works one time, and then Capture Perfect stops working. Use Norton and reinstall scanner's driver and programme, and it may work --not always-- one time and only scaning one page (never worked with more than one page on a file). And start again..., and again....

I wonder if this is related to high speed USB ports required, and I am very interested in your question :

Is there any reference or responses someone can guide me to from the Parallels team about this issue -- is it tough luck -- too hard to solve - wait for verion 4.0?

I can contribute with as much crash reports as you want. Just let me know how.
 
Why do you have it running with that? Still looking for a solution. I have the latest build and it won't even recognize the scanner as a device in CapturePerfect even though it is listed as a connected USB device in parallels...
Rob
 
Any Help

If there is any help I can provide I would be glad to do it. I have a Macbook Pro. It is pretty new so it is USB 2.0. I have 3GB of Ram. Parallels Tools was installed and reinstalled after the last update that came down.

Like I said it shows up in the USB device list by name with the correct model and everything. I just fails to show up in the software I am using to scan.. it is called Capture Perfect 3.0.

There is a drop down dialogue that lists installed scanners and that appears blank so that is the problem I think. It is a Windows XP SP2 VM.

rob
 
Back
Top