Using Virtue Desktop Manager for Fast OS Switching

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by syphon, May 28, 2006.

1. syphon

syphon Bit poster

Greetings,

I apologize if this is a duplicate bug. I looked around on the forums, but found nothing similar to my problem. I found a few things, but they appear dated, as they deal with a previous beta version.

I'm interested in getting "Fast OS Switching" set up using Virtue Desktop Manager on my MacBook. Basically, I'm trying to get a hot key set up to quickly switch between OSX and Fullscreen version of WinXP.

As is my understanding, this worked in a previous beta. Unfortunately, something seems to have changed with the way Parallels and DM work together. I can set my VM (WinXP) into full screen mode, but as soon as I use desktop manager to switch desktops, Parallels re-sizes itself back to windowed mode (it also forces DM to switch back to the desktop that Parallels was running on).

I'm sure many of you have seen that video running around of "Fast OS Switching", and that's basically what I'm trying to emulate.

What are your thoughts guys? Is this "broken" for good, or is there a fix coming down the pike?

Keep up the good work!

2. rjgebis

rjgebis Hunter

This has been reported multiple of times and it is being worked on by both teams.