Using Xport (ps2) ("USB already in use")

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by syndicatedragon, Jul 9, 2007.

1. syndicatedragon

syndicatedragon Bit poster

I am having trouble getting my Xport (PS2 USB connection) to work under Parallels. I get the dreaded "USB device already in use" message when I try to connect to it.

I have tried the kextstat method, but I cannot see any new devices being added when I plug the Xport in. It shows up in Parallels as "Anchor Chips AN2720 USB-USB Bridge", so maybe there is some built-in MacOS X driver that is grabbing it when I plug it in? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

2. Ankou

Ankou Guest

Hello
    What build of Parallels are you using?

3. tmacalpine

tmacalpine Bit poster

Same problem with smartcard token and palmtop cradle devices

I'm having the same problem. I have Parallels version 2188 and Mac OS version 10.4.10. This problem started for me right after a Mac OS update that loaded on Monday. I tried finding an update, but the autoupdate doesn't seem to find anything and I can't find an update download section on the website.

4. tmacalpine

tmacalpine Bit poster

Hmmm... seems to be fixed...

I just re-installed the Parallels tools and after the prescribed guest OS restart, my USB devices are functioning again. Is this logical? I did not apply any Parallels updates that I am aware of, unless one got loaded Monday silently.

5. tmacalpine

tmacalpine Bit poster

Nope, still broke

Ok, so I had to re-start my Parallels session and I am back to square one. So is there an update for my version of Parallels that will fix this problem?

6. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

Yes there is an update that fixes this. Check for updates.

7. tmacalpine

tmacalpine Bit poster

I think my company firewall may be blocking the updater. Is there a way to get them directly from the web site?

8. Ankou

Ankou Guest