V4560 released

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by fso, Jul 17, 2007.

1. K4LK

K4LK Bit poster

I have been suffering with the same crash you all have. My installation was working great. The crash corrupted my PC partition so bad, that disk checks revealed all kinds of damage. XP finally demanded yet another activation! I can't believe that Parallels doesn't respond to the problems. I finally turned off the smart share to get it stable again. But, I like that feature. Please fix it quick! I have a Santa Rosa MBP with a clean install and a few known stable extensions like FruitMenu, Default Folder.

Dana

2. ebernet

ebernet Product Expert

Please see if turning off just the "share mac applications" and not alos the share windows applications and enable smart select fixes it for you.

Honestly, Parallels should not need crash logs from us to see this issue, and I am saddened that I have been their guinea pig and isolated the problem before I contacted their tech support - and I have heard nothing about my request to be a beta tester I submitted more than a month ago....

3. billearl

billearl Member

Some Build 4560 issues...

To the Parallels Development Team,

Thank you for all the improvements and bug fixes in Build 4560. I enjoy using Parallels more than ever.

For your information, here are some other improvements / fixes I’d like to see.

1. New in Build 4560, the VM window forgets its position from one run to the next. I like the VM window in the upper left corner of the screen, but it now always opens more towards the centre of the screen.

2. As in previous builds, Google Earth has serious display problems, namely screen artifacts hiding much of the image. I’ve tried OpenGL and DirectX in Google Earth. (XP & Vista)

3. During compressing of the VM, the Windows Initial Paging File Size (minimum virtual memory) is set to 50MB, which is way too low. (XP & Vista)

4. In Windows 98, Mouse Synchronization does not work.

Please let me know if you want more details on any of these.

4. mithridain

mithridain Bit poster

When using Parallels 2.5, I still get unexpected quits. I was burned with kernel panics for the last three updates to 2.5. With the build 4128 of Parallels 3.0, I do not see unexpected quits or kernel panics so I guess I'll stick with that version as I'm now gunshy about trying to stay up to date with the latest builds. I cannot waste more time from work dealing with crashes.