Version confusion

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by ||xplorer, Nov 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. ||xplorer

||xplorer Member

I have Version 15.1.4 (47270) installed, and although Parallels has been kindly nagging me for a number of months that a new version was available, my long experience had me check the forums first, where I discovered that v 16 was not problem-free at launch (as expected).
    Lately, the nagging reminder has started mentions version 16.0.1 (48919) but I downloaded the installer directly from the website, and it appears to be for a versions 16.1.0 (48950) if the name of the dmg file means anything.
    Since I am running macOS Mojave (10.14.6) on a 7 years old MBP and have no intention to upgrade to a newer version (I use none of the Apple fenced gizmos and am only running Windows 10 on a VM), I was wondering whether I could get any feedback from users of Mojave with experience with Parallels 16.1.0.
    The last thing I am willing to do is to waste time with an upgrade from which I would have to backtrack and possibly gain no performance benefit...
    Thanks for your honest input.

2. Hello,
    Honestly, Parallels Desktop 16 optimized for macOS Mojave.
    (you can find more information here)
    You can always test it during the trial period (14 days) and decide upgrade or not.