Vertical Sync Option gone?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Dan19, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Dan19

Dan19 Bit poster

I use a Windows XP VM to play some of my oldest games and up until the latest upgrade to version 16 had the option to enable "Vertical Sync" which is now missing and get severe frame tearing issues. If I search the configuration panel for the option it acts like the option should be in the "Graphics" settings under hardware, but the only option I see now is "Memory" selection. At this point games that were perfectly fine on version 15 of parallels are now unplayable on 16.

2. Hello, could you please share with us names of your games in order to test it on our test environments.

3. Dan19

Dan19 Bit poster

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, and JediKnight 2: Jedi Outcast. Not sure why both of theses games are impacted where others do not seem to be, but the problem worsens when more movement is displayed. Prior to version 16 (latest update of 15 prior to upgrade) this was not an issue and I was using the vertical sync option within the VM display settings prior which from my best recollection was the reason I turned it on.

4. GoronG

GoronG Bit poster

I have the same problem on parallels 16, vsync option is gone and for example in counter-strike 1.5 I got more frame drops that I got on version 15. Is this possible to return vsync option?

5. GoronG

GoronG Bit poster

I also noticed that in fraps in cs 1.5 framerate is 60, bit in practice I can see a lot of dropped frames. I also using Windows XP for gaming in parallels.