Very bizarre behavior from Parallels 3.0

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Anhaedra, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Anhaedra

Anhaedra Bit poster

I installed parallels 3.0, and when I run it, if I go to about parallels, it says I still have build number 3214. I deleted everything to do with parallels, the kext files, plist files, anything I could find and it still does this. How is that even possible? I deleted that version. Back to VMWare until this gets sorted out I guess...

2. Sculler

Sculler Junior Member

I had a similar problem. The cause seemed to be using the existing shortcuts on my OS X desktop. I ended up deleting the shortcuts and then going into the Applications folder and starting Parallels directly from the Parallels.app file. You will find it in the Applications/Parallels/ folder.

After this I stopped using the desktop shortcuts for the individual virtual machines. Instead I dragged the Parallels.app file to the Dock and just start from their. Once it is up it lists all of my virtual systems and I just pick the one I want.

I hope this helps.
    Sculler

3. Anhaedra

Anhaedra Bit poster

I tried launching parallels.app and it still did the same thing. It appears unrelated to shortcuts. :(