Very Slow Startup for Parallels 5

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by rmansfield, Nov 4, 2009.

1. dgibson

dgibson Bit poster

Are you running on 10.6.6 or have recently updated? Did parallels work for awhile after installing it? I hadn't used parallels since late January , and wasn't there a software update since then? Have you tried to defrag on one of the computers?

2. dgibson

dgibson Bit poster

Have you downloaded any updates for Parallels 6?
    Here's something I found on macwindows.com

Parallels releases update 6.0.11994 for 10.6.5/10.6.6

Monday, February 28, 2011

Parallels has released Parallels Desktop 6.0.11994 for Mac, a maintenance update to the virtualization software for Mac OS X. The release notes indicate that update "resolves compatibility issues " specifically for Mac OS X 10.6.5 and 10.6.6.

If this update fixes any problems for you please let us know. (Related: Parallels Tips and Reports)

3. WinnieW

WinnieW Bit poster

Yes I'm running 10.6.6. Parallels 6 has not worked efficiently since I installed it. There has been a software update to 10.6.6 recently but my problem existed both before and after it. I have not defrag'ed as it is no longer recommended in the ways it once was for OS X, but I do regularly do other maintenance including repairing disk permissions. This is a parallels issue. It didn't exist in 3.0 and 4.0.

4. dgibson

dgibson Bit poster

I went back to Parallels for the first time since early March on my laptop. Not loading. I once again tried to repair permissions. Didn't help this time. Noticed that it still worked on the desktop. Remembered that Google Maps Street View did not work on the laptop(black screen). Hadn't applied the usual fix to that yet. Tried it tonight. Street View works but now so does Parallels. Here's the fix: Go to users/library/fonts. Take all Arial fonts to the Trash. Try Street View. I also moved the fonts back into their folder from trash and everything still works. Have no idea why this repair worked for Street Maps let alone Parallels.