Very Weird Networking Problems?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ahlgren, May 13, 2006.

1. ahlgren

ahlgren Junior Member

Okay...

When I'm at home, both XP and OS X connect to the internet. I have created a home network between them that works excellently (I did this because my shared folder doesn't work).

Anytime, however, I use any other network, I OS X connects fine. But the XP side only connects to the internet, and won't allow me to get email (through Outlook), nor will it allow me to access the home network I've created.

When I'm at home, here are my settings:

Parallels network adapter on.
    VM connection is set at bridged ethernet: default adapter.

When I try to access another network, if I keep these settings, OS X works fine, but XP won't access anything.

If I switch to EN0: ethernet adapter, it allows me to access the internet, but not to access email or the home network I've created.

My shared services settings on the OS X side include Personal File Sharing, Windows Sharing, Personal Web Sharing, And FTP access.

My internet sharing is Built-in ethernet on all ports -- nothing else.

These settings remain the same on any wireless network I use, regardless of how I switch network adapter options on the VM.

Any suggestions about what I might be doing wrong? I've scoured these threads, tried all the suggestions, read a zillion posts on other sites, and still I can't seem to figure it all out. Why is the connection at my house working flawlessly on both OSes, and yet I have problems on every other wireless network?