Video preview problems

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Khoji, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Khoji

Khoji Member

I'm running Parallels 3.0 on a Mac Pro with 3GB of memory installed. When I play Windows movies in Windows Media Player they play fine. However, when I try to preview the same clips in Movie Maker they won't play -- I hear the sound but there is no video. I can imagine that this is an overlay problem, but is there any solution or workaround?

The same thing also happens in other movie editing apps with preview -- for example, when I use TMPGenc's preview mode I also only hear the audio, the video is not displayed.

2. Khoji

Khoji Member

I found a solution but it's not pretty: If I turn off hardware acceleration completely in the XP display Troubleshooting settings then the video preview also works in applications. However, doing this also interferes with the mouse synchronization tool: After rebooting XP you see the XP mouse pointer and the Mac mouse pointer on top of each other when you're working in XP.

3. BuzzCoastin

BuzzCoastin Bit poster

4. smudge

smudge Member

this worked for the video problem but now the game crashes.

this used to work fine in 3188 but stopped working since upgrading to 4128. any other suggestions or am i going to have to downgrade? and if so, will the virtual image still work or will I have to reinstall windows?