I have just installed Parallels, and am attempting to configure it to work with an existing Bootcamp Windows installation. Everything appeared to go fine (I had to manually launch setup.exe when it opened windows, but it said this is normal), but it has had a full progress bar for about two hours and shows no sign of stopping. The status message says "Installing the latest version of Parallels Tools (Step 4 of 4)...".
The program seems to be responsive (I plugged in a usb mouse, and it asked me whether to load it in OSX or the VM), but the configuration is not finishing. When I attempt to quit the program, it tells me the configuration is in progress, and I should wait until it completes. Any ideas what might be going on, and how I could fix it? If I do manually quit and start it again, will this cause problems?
Thanks.
The program seems to be responsive (I plugged in a usb mouse, and it asked me whether to load it in OSX or the VM), but the configuration is not finishing. When I attempt to quit the program, it tells me the configuration is in progress, and I should wait until it completes. Any ideas what might be going on, and how I could fix it? If I do manually quit and start it again, will this cause problems?
Thanks.