Virtual Machine hangs on resume

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by jabyuk, Jul 12, 2007.

1. jabyuk

jabyuk Bit poster

Hi,

I wonder if someone can advise me on how to resolve this issue? Or tell me whether this is a known bug?

It doesn't happen all the time, just occasionally. Because it's seemingly erratic, I can't work out what might be causing it, which is why I'm posting to the forum.

I run my Parallels in Coherence mode, and suspend/resume without switching to Windowed mode. This is usually just fine, but every now and then the machine won't resume properly. It'll just stay there with the "Please wait while virtual machine is resuming..." message. I can't interact with the desktop or anything and all the menu commands in Parallels are greyed out. I usually have to reset the machine.

Just as I've been typing this message, I've left the virtual machine in that state. It's been about five minutes since I started it up, and it's finally switched itself into Coherence! So this would definitely seem to be a bug. Most of the time it flicks out into Coherence just fine but sometimes it hangs like this for several minutes.

Any advice?!