Virtual Machine not available. PVM grayed out (in cloud)

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JeremyB5, Nov 21, 2017.

1. JeremyB5

JeremyB5 Bit poster

Hello and thank you in advance for your help.
    My mac cannot find my virtual machine though all had been running smoothly up to this point.

When I click on Windows 10, I get the following message:
    The virtual machine's files have been moved or deleted. If the files are on an external device, reconnect the device. You can also remove the virtual machine from the list or manually locate its files.

I located the Windows10.pvm file. It had been in my Documents-icloud folder and this is where my ignorance begins to show because I did not quite know what that was or that the 40 gig file was even stored on the cloud. I moved it to my desktop for the time being, but it has a 'cloud download' icon next to it and I cannot select it when prompted to locate the file because it is grayed out.

Please help me get back on my feet someone. I need this for my job.

2. alexg

alexg Parallels Developers

Parallels Desktop can't work with VMs which is resided on any cloud storage. To fix the problem just do the following:

1. Create Parallels folder inside your home folder.
    2. Move your VM to that folder.
    3. Launch Parallels Desktop
    4. Open Control Center (menu Window - > Control Center)
    5. Click on VM with ? sign
    6. Locate this VM inside Parallels folder

That's it.
    Alexander

3. JeremyB5

JeremyB5 Bit poster

I am having a seemingly impossible time downloading the massive 40 GB Windows10.pvm file from my icloud for some reason and its not space. IDK what is going on -whether my internet connection keeps dying or what...BUT...is there some way I can download a new copy of Windows10.pvm from somewhere?

4. alexg

alexg Parallels Developers

You can install new Windows 10 VM. Just use New command in the File menu, select Get Windows from Microsoft and then Download.