virtual Mojave - MS Outlook doesn't index search

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by RichardRahl, Jan 11, 2021.

1. RichardRahl

RichardRahl Bit poster

I bought Parallels to run a virtualized Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 so I could continue to run 32-bit programs on my MacBook Pro with Big Sur. One major problem I've run into is that Microsoft Outlook 2011 (v14.7.7) doesn't index my mailboxes, so I can't use its Search to find senders, subjects, etc. No matter what I search for, it always returns 0 results, even newer e-mails. Spotlight appears to be indexing everything, because if I search for senders or text I know are in my e-mail, it finds them. But the results are often too extensive to find that one e-mail for which I'm looking. This doesn't appear to be the same problem some people experience when running Outlook 2011 in a non-virtualized Mojave or earlier Mac OS (where one could add/remove/add the account's folder to Spotlight's Privacy tab to force it to index) because #1, that solution doesn't work when run in Parallels, and #2, even recent e-mails aren't added to the search index, which means nothing is indexing in Outlook. Does anyone know how to get Outlook 2011's search to work in a virtual Mojave machine in Parallels Desktop Pro 16.1.2? Thank you!