Hello,
I currently have a macbook pro, leopard and parallels with xp loaded.
I would like to have a macbook pro with a xp bootcamp partition and parallels configured to use the same install.
I have read that if i use something like acronis true image to back up my current virtual machine i will then be able to restore it the bootcamp partition. Do i need to install windows again before i can do that or is it possible to just 'drop' the image onto the partition? What happens to things such as activation?
Does the transporter support a function like this?
What happens to bootcamp drivers i assume they still need to be installed?
What happens if (when everything is up and running) i install software on xp using parallels, will it be available on boot camp?
Will the anti virus provided with parallels work on the boot camp partition?
If anyone has any tips on the transition they will be gratefully received.
I hope i have asked questions that others will find useful. Sorry there are so many.
Dan Hayman
I currently have a macbook pro, leopard and parallels with xp loaded.
I would like to have a macbook pro with a xp bootcamp partition and parallels configured to use the same install.
I have read that if i use something like acronis true image to back up my current virtual machine i will then be able to restore it the bootcamp partition. Do i need to install windows again before i can do that or is it possible to just 'drop' the image onto the partition? What happens to things such as activation?
Does the transporter support a function like this?
What happens to bootcamp drivers i assume they still need to be installed?
What happens if (when everything is up and running) i install software on xp using parallels, will it be available on boot camp?
Will the anti virus provided with parallels work on the boot camp partition?
If anyone has any tips on the transition they will be gratefully received.
I hope i have asked questions that others will find useful. Sorry there are so many.
Dan Hayman