jrossitter
Junior Member
A day or 2 ago I started my first full computer virus scan after installing Desktop 4 and P’s Internet Security. It ran for about 36 hours and over 40,000 files before being interrupted by a computer restart, when it automatically restarted a scan. It’s not clear whether it started a new scan or resumed where it had left off, but it’s now at 24,000 files and about 20 hours.
How long should an initial full scan take?
Am I correct that subsequent scans should be much quicker?
Do I have to pause a scan before shutting down or restarting the OS to permit the scan to resume where it left off, rather than starting anew?
How long should an initial full scan take?
Am I correct that subsequent scans should be much quicker?
Do I have to pause a scan before shutting down or restarting the OS to permit the scan to resume where it left off, rather than starting anew?