G'day
Greeting from Adelaide South Australia.
I have Vista Home Premium installed in my Bootcamp partition with Macafee anti virus software installed as well as some significant other elearning software. Macafee is required by the university where I work. I decided to use Paralles and purchased it to discover that Microsoft wants Business for a VM ... am getting that organized. I have tried to configure Paralles and point it to Bootcamp to see how it works. I can't even get a VM open. Two out of TWo attempts Vista has been loading the Parallels tools and froze before restarting. I had to force quit and both times it corrupted my Bootcamp drive. I've had to reformat the drive and restore a backup copy. Thnak goodness for Winclone on a MAC. Bootcamp has restored OK and it seems everything is working fine ... except Parallels.
It is the latest version of Parallels 3.0 for leopard downloaded from the website only a few days ago. Surely it is NOT a licensing problem with the Home flavor of Vista. Could the Vista version be freezing the Parallels drives installation. I have a MacBook Pro with latest MacOS installed.
Can someone please help
Regards
Allan
Greeting from Adelaide South Australia.
I have Vista Home Premium installed in my Bootcamp partition with Macafee anti virus software installed as well as some significant other elearning software. Macafee is required by the university where I work. I decided to use Paralles and purchased it to discover that Microsoft wants Business for a VM ... am getting that organized. I have tried to configure Paralles and point it to Bootcamp to see how it works. I can't even get a VM open. Two out of TWo attempts Vista has been loading the Parallels tools and froze before restarting. I had to force quit and both times it corrupted my Bootcamp drive. I've had to reformat the drive and restore a backup copy. Thnak goodness for Winclone on a MAC. Bootcamp has restored OK and it seems everything is working fine ... except Parallels.
It is the latest version of Parallels 3.0 for leopard downloaded from the website only a few days ago. Surely it is NOT a licensing problem with the Home flavor of Vista. Could the Vista version be freezing the Parallels drives installation. I have a MacBook Pro with latest MacOS installed.
Can someone please help
Regards
Allan