vista on parallels

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by itayleib, Jun 30, 2007.

1. itayleib

itayleib Bit poster

i've installed parallels build 4124, using my boot camp (working) vista partition.
    when i try to run it through parallels, it boots ok, vista starts, but then it halts almost immediately - nothing responses, neither the mouse nor the keyboard (the loading logo as well). furthermore, the fans start working like crazy and never stop untill i force the VM to quit.

anybody has any idea?

thanks,Itay

2. drkollossus

drkollossus Bit poster

So are you getting to the login screen? I had a problem where it would get to the login screen then seem to freeze. Thing was I could still see the cursor blinking in the password field. So i Forced the USB Keyboard and mouse from the devices menu. It waned me that They would become inaccessible in osx, but i did it anyway. Since then no problem.

3. bobk

bobk Bit poster

I just get the press the ctrl/alt/delete screen, which I can't do unless I am using the external usb keyboard. In reading the posts, it really looks like there is a usb problem. Get this...I just went into boot camp without the keyboard and I get the incorrect letters as I type on the mbpro. Seems like I will need to do some re-installing of Parallels, XP and OSX. I wish I had not upgraded as I was happy as a clam doing GIS work on the PC side without having to restart. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007