Vista Support

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by backtothemac, May 9, 2006.

1. backtothemac

backtothemac Member

I am an MSDN member and TechNet member, and I am having to run Vista constantly. Having it in Parallels would be everything to me.

Please bring Vista support, and if you need alpha testers, I will gladly help.

2. mafoe

mafoe Bit poster

hi yes please make this vista support available. thank You very much.

3. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Vista will be supported in future versions of Parallels.

4. Roaster

Roaster Member

Hi Andrew,

may be it's already boring but IMO we need this support as fast as possible. In my case I've bought Parallels Workstation (for Win) to test my programs under different guest Windows versions.

Now Vista is approaching and I need to test the various programs under Vista too and of course I do not want to reboot into a different OS since my IDE should run parallel to immediately solve bugs.

I guess your crew is working for the MAC version in priority, however don't forget the Windows user ;)
    Thx.

Last edited: May 19, 2006
  5. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Roaster,
    Virtualization engine is the same for all platforms - Linux, Windows and Mac. We are constantly working on its improvement. And the Vista support is one of top priority issues for us.

6. syclonefx

syclonefx Bit poster

Do you know when Vista will be supported? I been testing it for a few weeks now on my PC and I want to start testing it on my MacBook. Windows Vista is a Public Beta now, so alot of people are going to want to download it or order it and use it on the intelmacs.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/preview.mspx