Visual Studio TFS Check In Fails with Access Denied

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JasonM8, May 26, 2016.

1. JasonM8

JasonM8 Bit poster

I use visual studio all day every day. I recently switched from VMware Fusion to Parallels because the build times when using shared folders for a moderate size project were 3+ minutes. With Parallels they are 20-30 seconds with the same project.
    I keep all of my project files on a 3rd "Data" partition so I have a single point of backup as not all files are stored in source control and not all data on "Data" is source code.
    All functions regarding source files in visual studio worked fine in fusion, just the build times were horrible.
    Now I have totally workable build times but I can't check in files to TFS.

Is there a way to get this to work?!

Here is what I have tried:
    -changed all Parallels services to use an domain admin account
    -changed the default share to an explicit share a la \\Mac\Data -> "Data" volume
    -used the initial \\Mac\AllFiles\Volumes\Data as my mapped drive path
    -run visual studio as administrator (this is how I normally run it)
    -run visual studio as a normal user account

I think thats it along with endlessly looking at permissions and trying to figure out what process actually does the check in, but it may be devenv.exe that is doing it. All info I can find is that people used to be able to do this with previous Parallels versions. I see other doing a shelve or something then being able to check in, but, call me crazy, I want to just be able to check in the way it should work and did work under vmware fusion. Seems I can't win, either full function and horrible build times or great build times and jump through hoops to get base functionality to work.

2. AjitK

AjitK Bit poster

I am also facing same problem but no answer found yet

3. AndreiB2

AndreiB2 Bit poster

Has this issue been addressed? Or do you have any feedback from the support?