VM can only start once. Reboot and it hangs

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by htmanning, Jun 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. htmanning

htmanning Member

I'm running Lubuntu in a VM on 2 different Macs. On one of the Macs I'm running Parallels 11 and have Lubuntu in a VM. All of a sudden, it started hanging at the password prompt. After trying without success to get it to do something I removed the VM and the VM file. I recopied the VM file from a backup on a different machine and was able to get it to load. This time, it loaded into a very high resolution (1980x1200) but I could login. When I rebooted, it hung again. The ONLY way to get it to load again is to go into settings and change the network adapter to something other than what is selected and generate a new Mac Address. Doing that will make it load properly until the next time I log out.

The odd thing is, I know it will work when I see the high resolution login prompt. If the login prompt is something more like 1024x768 I know it won't work and it will hang.

Running it on the latest Mojave. I have no idea what is going on.

2. Abishek

Abishek Member

Hello @htmanning Please be informed that Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac is not supported on macOS Mojave, please try installing the latest version of Parallels Desktop from the following link ( https://Parallels.com/DirectDownload/pd15 ) and see if it works. If you still face issues, please respond to us with the Linux Name and version along with its kernel version to check and assist you further.