VM Crashed

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by gjlazar, Feb 3, 2010.

1. gjlazar

gjlazar Member

Running Win XP Home on Mac with Leopard and Parallels. On start up I see the Windows flag briefly, then black screen with some white writing flashes up too quickly to read followed by a long list of flashing notes about orphan files that goes on for 10 minutes then all is frozen!

Is there anyway to re cover from this situation?

2. I-che

I-che Pro

Hi gjlazar,
    it is hard to determine the problem with current details. Can you please try to raise support ticket here: click here. If not possible for some reason, let me know and I will create ticket for you.

3. gjlazar

gjlazar Member

This is actually happening to my son's laptop. He is running Parallels3. When he started at first he had this black screen which scrolled numerous "orphan file being repaired" notices, then "orphan files being moved" then a blank blue screen. Now when he opens parallels it says VM is suspended. If he says to start he gets the XP Flag on black screen then he gets a sequence of black w XP Flag, then blue, then white and it keeps repeating this cycle. In one of the screens there is a microsecond display which we best make out to say "image possibly corrupt, checksum does not match the computed checksum" It appears that we have a "windows problem" I'd like to try to repair windows but cant figure out how to shut down this VM so I can get it to boot up off the CD and WiIndows install disk to repair windows. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

4. I-che

I-che Pro

Hi gjlazar,
    is it possible to quickly press Stop button when VM tries to resume from suspended state? Once stopped, you could change boot order in VM's configuration to boot from CD first and try to do Windows repair.