VM created from Parallels 7 not working on Windows 7 using Parallels workstation

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation Extreme Discussion' started by Ajay Dudhat, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Ajay Dudhat

Ajay Dudhat Bit poster

Hello,

I have VM image that was created using Parallels Desktop 7 over Mac OS. When i tried to add VM on my Windows 7 PC, using Parallels workstation 6, its not working. Also VM was in .pvm file which we extracted on both MAC and Windows 7 machine. After extracting .pvm file there was HDD file of around 41 GB on Mac and VM worked perfectly on MAC, but on Windows 7 HDD file was of 0 KB. I also tried to replace MAC's HDD file of 41 GB on Windows 7...but no luck.

Does VM created using Parallels 7, works on Windows 7 using Parallels Workstation?
    If it works.. Pls suggest how i add my VM work on Windows 7 to resolve above issue..

Thanks

2. Ajay Dudhat

Ajay Dudhat Bit poster

Can someone please suggest on above issue?

3. Ajay Dudhat

Ajay Dudhat Bit poster

Steps to resolve issue

After working with Support team over a week, below are steps that resolved my issue:

Search for folder containing HDD or HDS file on Windows 7. Now select file and right click and go to Properties. Now under Security tab, make sure the User group to which you belong has "Full control" privileges. Follow this steps for all file within Folder.

Hope this will guide someone facing similar issue.