VM on second monitor is not getting refreshed (live picture)

I found a way to reproduce...
I have a full screen vm (using osx fullcreen) on a external (secondary) monitor running windows 10 and playing a video. Note that on the second monitor I can swap to/from windows 10 to second monitor of OSX.

My secondary monitor is set to be on the left of the main monitor.

On my main monitor, if some application window come near the left border (let say the size of a desktop icon) the video freeze, Note : bring application in OSX full screen on the main screen don't freeze the video.

1) Clear the left border of main windows bring back the video playback.
2) Swap from OSX and comeback to windows 10 on the second monitor bring back the video playback also.
3) Click windows 10 screen bring back the video playback too.
4) bring the primary monitor in full screen bring back the video playback

It like when a windows is near to cross the border of both screen, the VM screen freeze (OSX pause the screen ?). Note the VM is not freeze cause I can access it with SSH or any server/client combo.

My system is
OSX 10.11.1
Windows 10
Parallel 11.1.2 (32408)
Please email us the above description along with the Problem Report ID to cs(at)parallels(.)com, so we can check it for you.
 
Please email us the above description along with the Problem Report ID to cs(at)parallels(.)com, so we can check it for you.
I don't want to be rude but all stuff you need to fill a bug report is in this thread... Since you seem to work for parallel you can do it... For my part I just find a workaround (keep clean 1/2inch At left of my main screen)...
 
Hello,

I am experiencing this issue as well on my MacBook Pro running 10.11.4, and Parallels 10.3.0 (29227) running Windows 7 Professional. I have Windows 7 on a second monitor using windowed view. I noticed the time in Windows has stopped. (OS X was 10:49am; Windows was 10:06am) When I select the VM, the window flickers for a split second, and the time updates to the correct time.

Don't tell me to upgrade to PD11. I don't want to upgrade because I need some features in PD10 that was taken away in PD11, and I refuse to subscribe to Pro. And it seems the problem happens in PD11 anyway.

It's an annoyance, but it wasn't a problem with PD8. Hope you can help. Thanks.
 
Hello,

I am experiencing this issue as well on my MacBook Pro running 10.11.4, and Parallels 10.3.0 (29227) running Windows 7 Professional. I have Windows 7 on a second monitor using windowed view. I noticed the time in Windows has stopped. (OS X was 10:49am; Windows was 10:06am) When I select the VM, the window flickers for a split second, and the time updates to the correct time.

Don't tell me to upgrade to PD11. I don't want to upgrade because I need some features in PD10 that was taken away in PD11, and I refuse to subscribe to Pro. And it seems the problem happens in PD11 anyway.

It's an annoyance, but it wasn't a problem with PD8. Hope you can help. Thanks.
Hi @MJedi, please try updating Parallels Desktop 10.4.0 (29337) click here for more information how to update Parallels Desktop and update Parallels Tools and let us know how it works.
 
Back
Top