VM Upgrade to Ver 5 Never Happens - Now in BSOD Land

DataWizard

Bit poster
Ok, so I updated Parallels to Version 5 today, restarted after the install, gave it time to boot, did all the things that are supposed to make things go smoothly, and then started up my old 4.0 VM. I was expecting it to have me upgrade first, but it wouldn't let me upgrade it, instead it just tried to start, and of course Windows gave me a prompt to Start Normally or go into Safe Mode, because it says the hardware is all wrong, and when I choose start Normally, it BSODs and restarts.

So my question is, how do I force Parallels 5 to upgrade a VM it apparently doesn't see a need to upgrade?

Or, if that's not the solution, what is?
 
But what about the lack of a VM uprade?

I had a similar situation (with the BSOD - solved with the 1 CPU setting) but I noticed that there was no VM upgrade step. (I was on the latest Parallels V4 release)

Is that an issue?

Should I do something to force an upgrade to the V5 format?

Am I missing some capability by the VM not being in the V5 format?

Thanks

Susan
 
Back
Top