Upon installation, Parallels sets up these two virtual nics and they register with our active directory domain under the same hostname as the computer's real name. So if I ping en0, I will get host down because vnic0 or vnic1 has taken over the Mac's hostname. This happens whether there is a virtual machine installed or not.
Is there a way that I can either remove vnic0 and vnice1 or set it to not register with dns? I am using bridged mode so don't need them anyways. It is for Mac Parallels Version 6.
Thanks for any help.
en0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
ether e8:06:88:ce:4e:a2
inet 172.19.5.134 netmask 0xfffff800 broadcast 172.19.7.255
media: autoselect (1000baseT <full-duplex>)
status: active
vnic0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
ether 00:1c:42:00:00:08
inet 10.211.55.2 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.211.55.255
inet6 fe80::21c:42ff:fe00:8%vnic0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x8
inet6 fec0:0:0:fea9::1 prefixlen 64
media: autoselect
status: active
vnic1: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
ether 00:1c:42:00:00:09
inet 10.37.129.2 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.37.129.255
inet6 fe80::21c:42ff:fe00:9%vnic1 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x9
inet6 fec0:0:0:feaa::1 prefixlen 64
media: autoselect
status: active
Is there a way that I can either remove vnic0 and vnice1 or set it to not register with dns? I am using bridged mode so don't need them anyways. It is for Mac Parallels Version 6.
Thanks for any help.
en0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
ether e8:06:88:ce:4e:a2
inet 172.19.5.134 netmask 0xfffff800 broadcast 172.19.7.255
media: autoselect (1000baseT <full-duplex>)
status: active
vnic0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
ether 00:1c:42:00:00:08
inet 10.211.55.2 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.211.55.255
inet6 fe80::21c:42ff:fe00:8%vnic0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x8
inet6 fec0:0:0:fea9::1 prefixlen 64
media: autoselect
status: active
vnic1: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
ether 00:1c:42:00:00:09
inet 10.37.129.2 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.37.129.255
inet6 fe80::21c:42ff:fe00:9%vnic1 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x9
inet6 fec0:0:0:feaa::1 prefixlen 64
media: autoselect
status: active