VPN/Mapping Drives/Subversion

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by kyradk, Oct 7, 2007.

1. kyradk

kyradk Bit poster

Hi all,
    I'm trying to use subversion through Parallels on MAC OSX. First I need to have VPN working, which I do and I am able to connect. I then need to map my network drive, which is where I am hung up. The info I'm entering is all correct including un/pw but I keep getting the message that the drive cannot be found. Subversion is installed and ready to go but without mapping the drive it won't work.
    Does anyone have any ideas/???
    Thanks!

2. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Hmm...
    Let's try to figure out what is hanging the machine...

1. Can you map a network drive without the VPN on?
    2. Are you able to access the sharepoint without mapping the drive?

3. kyradk

kyradk Bit poster

Hi Eru,
    Thanks for such a quick reply. I have to admit I'm not very experienced in this area. I don't know about mapping without VPN - I wouldn't even know what to try to map to.
    As for accessing sharepoint, I'm not sure what you mean.
    I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge in this area. It expands beyond my web developer experience.
    Thanks

4. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Hey no problem. To be honest with you though, it would probably be good to learn some networking stuff, it helps immensely. I know this firsthand as I do web design/development and also systems administration... Anyway, to the meat of the subject...

Mapping a drive is where you assign a letter 'drive' to a particular sharepoint/directory in sharepoint.
    Google 'mapping a network drive'.

Next, a sharepoint is a sharepoint. Or fileshare, or whatever you may call it. I really can't help you more than google on this, sorry. It's sorta 'understood' you'll know what I refer to.

Basically, the two things I am trying to have you do is an attempt to isolate the broken piece. If you can't help yourself via Google on it, check back in and I will try and write an intro to filesharing...