Wacom setup Yosemite with a 10.8.5 guest OS.... slow response to pen/tablet

JeffM1

Bit poster
I have recently (this morning), setup Parallels 10 on a Yosemite OS, with a virtual 10.8.5 OS to run an older application that isn't compatible with 10.10. It works great and relatively simple setup including a USB Hasp.

The only weak link is that the Wacom PTZ-630 is slow to use within the virtual windows. There is a significant delay and windows drag very slow.

If I setup the virtual machine to connect to the Wacom tablet I lose the cursor in both the guest and virtual window. I also lose the cursor of the optical mouse, even though I didn't connect the mouse via the Device>External Devices option. CTRL+Alt doesn't help restore mouse or wacom, and I need a hard shutdown (power button) to reclaim the mouse or tablet function. The latest Wacom driver is installed. I don't need any pressure setting with the Wacom just normal point and click would be fine.

Why does the optical mouse work without any connection settings?
Any setup/settings that I have missed?

Any thoughts?

thanks in advance
 
Last edited:
Back
Top