What does this error mean????

gludwick

Junior Member
The first time I install Par. 6 & Vista 64, it works fine. When I stop it and then try to open it the next time I get these messages, then it fails to start:

The virtual machine performance may be degraded because the hardware virtualization support is disabled on the host computer. It is recommended to enable the hardware virtualization support in BIOS settings.

If I continue, then I get this error:


PRL_ERR_OPERATION_FAILED

and everything stops.

This is on an iMac running 10.6.4 w/ 2gb mem. Parallels v 6.0.11822
 
Your thread referral was very helpful. I uninstalled Parallels 6, restarted the mac, then ran the suggested command in terminal. Here's what it showed:


79 0 0x5bf02000 0x4000 0x3000 com.parallels.kext.prl_usb_connect (4.0 3810.237522) <34 7 5 4 3>
122 0 0x559d2000 0x3000 0x2000 com.parallels.kext.prl_hid_hook (4.0 3810.237522) <7 5 4 3 1>
123 0 0x5c8e4000 0x88000 0x87000 com.parallels.kext.prl_hypervisor (4.0 3810.237522) <11 7 5 4 3 1>
124 0 0x5c61e000 0x7000 0x6000 com.parallels.kext.prl_netbridge (4.0 3810.237522) <5 4 3 1>
125 0 0x5befd000 0x5000 0x4000 com.parallels.kext.prl_vnic (4.0 3810.237522) <91 4 3>
garymac:~ Gary$

The question now is , how do I get rid of these? (assuming they are what are causing my Parallels 6 upgrade to fail.

Thanks!
 
I had followed that link before your reply and YES, the kernel cleanup utility solved the problem.

For some reason, those kernels are missed by the Parallels 6 install program when it "uninstalls" previous version (4).

Thanks for the advice and the leads.

Gary

There's KB article which should help to solve problem in this case: http://kb.parallels.com/en/6317.
 
Back
Top