I am upgrading my Parallels to 4.0. I get to the point where is starts to install then I get a pop up screen which says: Insert the "(null)" disc to continue the installation. Ok, I downloaded the upgrade so I dont have a disc. And nowhere in the pdf, or on their website or on this forum did I find any reference to a (null) disc. So what is it and why does my parallels want it to complete the installation? Is it possibly wanting the Windows disk?
1. Mac OS Version 10.6
2. Parallels Build # (Upgrading to 4.0 - previous version 2.5 I think)
3. What kind of computer: Intel Mac Dual-Core Intel Xeon
4. Total Physical RAM: 1 TB
5. Hard Drives: 4 (only installing parallels to main HD)
6. If you are using a BootCamp configuration or not: I have bootcamp installed but it worked fine with my previous version of parallels.
7. Did you upgrade from a BETA: No
8. With what Build did the problem start: With this attempt to upgrade
9. If Parallels Tools are installed: Dont know the installation was supposed to uninstall my old one.
10. Anything you have tried to get things working: Have looked for all previous Parallels on my comp but cant find the old version anymore (can only assume v4 removed it)
11. Anything specific about your set-up you think we should know
13. If you are getting an error message type it in and then attach a screenshot.
Insert the "(null)" disc to continue the installation
Please help. I know this has probably a real simple answer but atm I am just ripping my hair out.
1. Mac OS Version 10.6
2. Parallels Build # (Upgrading to 4.0 - previous version 2.5 I think)
3. What kind of computer: Intel Mac Dual-Core Intel Xeon
4. Total Physical RAM: 1 TB
5. Hard Drives: 4 (only installing parallels to main HD)
6. If you are using a BootCamp configuration or not: I have bootcamp installed but it worked fine with my previous version of parallels.
7. Did you upgrade from a BETA: No
8. With what Build did the problem start: With this attempt to upgrade
9. If Parallels Tools are installed: Dont know the installation was supposed to uninstall my old one.
10. Anything you have tried to get things working: Have looked for all previous Parallels on my comp but cant find the old version anymore (can only assume v4 removed it)
11. Anything specific about your set-up you think we should know
13. If you are getting an error message type it in and then attach a screenshot.
Insert the "(null)" disc to continue the installation
Please help. I know this has probably a real simple answer but atm I am just ripping my hair out.