What is wrong with the crappy upgrade process ??????

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DeanC6, Aug 27, 2016.

1. DeanC6

DeanC6 Bit poster

Man, Ive had one FRUSTRATING hour, with still no resolution.
    I have an active Desktop Pro account, which gives me free upgrades, HOWEVER - i keep getting popups asking me to buy an upgrade to version 12 (as currently I only have 11 installed).
    I check that my parallels is correctly registered as Pro - which it is.
    I log on to my parallels account page, and there are no links to any upgrades UNLESS I pay for a standard desktop (non pro) upgrade.
    There seems to be no way to access my free upgrades that go with my Pro subscription.
    I go to the support page, and I have to register my product - yeah - on the website that has my product registration. BUT then I have to 'buy' credit to contact support, even though directly below that it says I have 191 days of free phone and email credit still available - but no way of accessing that support.

FFS how hard the F**k is this.

Give me my upgrade NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello DeanC6,
    A subscription allows you to upgrade to the latest version at no additional charge as long as your subscription is valid. To install Parallels Desktop for Mac version 12 please download the installation image:
    http://www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd12
    For more details please visit this link. Thanks.

3. DustinHullett

DustinHullett Product Expert

Im sorry your having this trouble. If you download from this link just run the installed and it will update you to Parallels Desktop for MAC 12.0.1
    http://www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd12
    Please post back if you have anymore trouble with your upgrade. Also you have the pro account correct not the business account? With a Business account you have to sign in with the business administrator account to use service support. I know because i messed up and bought the business instead of pro